National Funding Agreement Models
According to the Treasury Board Secretariat Directive on Transfer Payments, a funding agreement is a written agreement or documentation constituting an agreement between the Government of Canada and an applicant or a recipient setting out the obligations or understandings of both with respect to one or more transfer payments. It describes the requirements needed to maintain the accountability relationship between Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada (CIRNAC) and the funding recipient. CIRNAC has published the 2020-2021 national funding agreement models below.
A new fiscal relationship
The Government of Canada is committed to working with First Nations to establish a new fiscal relationship that moves towards sufficient, predictable and sustained funding for First Nation communities.
As part of this process, the Government of Canada has continued to streamline CIRNAC funding agreement models in 2020 – 2021 through minor adjustments to enhance clarity.
National Funding Agreement Models 2020-2021
National Funding Agreement Models 2019-2020
National Funding Agreement Models 2018-2019
- Provincial/Territorial Funding Agreement Model 2018-2019
- First Nations and Tribal Councils National Funding Agreement Model 2018-2019
- Streamlined Funding Agreement Model for First Nations 2018-2019
- Plain/Simplified Funding Agreement Model for Project Funding 2018-2019
- Funding Agreement Model: Other 2018-2019
- Canada Common Funding Agreement for First Nations and Tribal Councils 2018-2019
If you have any questions regarding departmental funding agreements, please contact the regional office nearest you or the Public Enquiries Contact Centre at 1-800-567-9604.