Cancellation of Radio Show and Launch of the on COVID-19 Employee Notification System Launch
Cancellation of the Radio Show
Please note that due to technical difficulties and to help relieve the stress on the system, we will have to cancel the Special Deputy Ministers Radio Show which was planned for this Wednesday, March 18th.
Many of you sent questions and we would like to thank you. Note that the answers will be published on the ISC and CIRNAC intranet sites this week.
Employee Notification System Launch – Update your account
Our priority remains the health and safety of our employees, colleagues and families, as such we are now launching the new electronic Employee Notification System (ENS).
ENS will ensure clear, concise and real-time messaging is sent to all affected employees at the same time. ENS will notify you of emergencies which could affect your ability to come in to work (ex: road closures, limited/closed access to specific buildings, etc.) or otherwise impact your workday (ex: network or power outages). With the new ENS, messaging will be targeted to specific groups either via text, e-mail, phone, and even desk-top pop ups. Should you wish to be notified of emergency situations during off-hours, you can provide your personal information (such as your personal phone number and/or email).
Be assured, your personal information will not be shared and will be managed in compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act.
An account in the new ENS has already been created for every CIRNAC and ISC employee across the country and information is currently limited to your work phone number and email. We invite you to log into the system and follow the instructions:
- Navigate to the self-service portal, acknowledge the message and then click "Forgot Password", as you will need to create a password;
- Under "Username", enter your work email address and click "Submit";
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to reset your password. If you do not receive a password reset auto-response, please send an email to ENS Support;
- Once you have logged in, you will need to update your profile by clicking on the "My Profile" tab at the top of the page and then select "Edit".
- Verify the existing content and complete the profile, including the following key information (mandatory fields):
- Organization Hierarchy: This dropdown list allows you to specify your exact work location. It is important to make sure that this is accurate as we will be keeping our messaging localised to those who are affected.
- Department/Sector: Use this drop-down list to specify your department and sector.
- Preferred Language: This field is used to specify your preferred language of communication only, and will not alter the ENS site language. To change the site display language, click the word "English (US)" at the bottom of the login page and make your language selection.
- Click on the "Save" button at the top of your profile page to save your changes.
Deputy Minister, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
Deputy Minister, Indigenous Services Canada
Associate Deputy Minister, Crown-Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
Associate Deputy Minister, Indigenous Services Canada