Information on violence and abuse prevention programs
The Government of Canada has a number of programs, events and campaigns dedicated to ending violence against women and girls. Follow the links below for more information on:
- Supporting families of missing or murdered Indigenous women and girls
- Preventing violence against Indigenous women and girls
- Action Plan to address family violence and violent crimes against Aboriginal women and girls
- Funding for violence and abuse prevention programs
- First Nations and Inuit Component of Victims of Family Violence Investments
This website deals with topics which may cause trauma to readers due to its troubling subject matter. The Government of Canada recognizes the need for safety measures to minimize the risks associated with traumatic subject matter. A national, toll-free crisis call line has been set up to provide support for anyone who requires assistance. This line is available free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please call 1-844-413-6649 if you or someone you know is triggered and needs help or support while reading the content on this website.