Turtle Island Game
- Print out the quiz questions (354 Kb).
- Each item on Turtle Island has a description to help you answer the quiz. Click on the name of the item (e.g. Maple Syrup) to go to the description.
- You may also print the descriptions separately (352 Kb).
- What "sweet treat" found on many breakfast tables was first tapped by First Nations, such as the Algonquin, in Eastern Canada?
- What special footwear help you to walk, hunt and work during the winter?
- What type of boat was built by many First Nations to travel down rivers and lakes?
- What tall, decorated poles are carved by First Nations, such as the Gitxsan, to tell stories and legends?
- What one-person boat is used by Inuit hunters and fishermen?
- Maple Syrup
- Totem Pole
- What traditional building was once called home by the Iroquois?
- What large, white animal is known as "Nanuk" by Inuit?
- What type of house is made from snow, but is very warm inside?
- What flat-tailed, hardworking animal was a big part of the Fur Trade?
- What triangle-shaped home is made from animal skins and can be easily moved?
- Long House
- Polar Bear
- What animal is used by Inuit for food and summer shelter?
- What important building is used by many First Nations for cleansing ceremonies?
- What animal was a source of food, clothing and tools to Plains Cree and Métis?
- What type of knife is used by Inuit women to cut meat and make clothing?
- What wooden cart could be pulled through mud, was easily repaired, and even floated?
- Sweat Lodge
- Ulu Knife
- Red River Cart
Download PDF (352 Kb)
North / Winter
East / Spring
South / Summer
West / Fall
You may also be interested in:
Thank you for your feedback